Homeless man's Shelter

Photobucket

I passed a man
pushing a cart
it looked like wood to me.
His clothes were in layers
tatered and torn
homeless plainly I see.

When I returned
I looked for the cart
found it stopped dead in it's tracks.
I stop for a moment
to take this picture
and seen him hiding in back.

I will take him
some can goods
some warm clothes and quietly leave.
It's more for me then it will be for him
and that I truely believe.

Most our homeless in this particular area are crack addicts.
He is taking the small pieces of lumber from the modular home sales business kitty corner across the street.
The police work hard to do what they can..sad but a real fact of life.
Photo taken in Burton, Michigan Feb. 2009

3 comments:

  1. What a tough situation. It's hard when choices (like crack) lead to destitution adn hard when the destitute steal. So hard. The compassion in your poem touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The definition of photo journalism. The story is captivating. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is very hard for a lot of people who just never seem to find their way. It's nice that you are going to help this man.

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever . . . it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.
-Aaron Siskind